My Ipsy box arrived before my trip and I took along the makeup bag 🙂 to hold my travel items. I was happy to see the Smashbox primer 🙂 and the nail polish :), but was underwhelmed by the other items. I will actually use the brown eyeliner 🙂 stick, so there are 4 items I will actually try. I’m not sure the bag, eyeliner, primer and nail polish are worth the price I paid for the bag but I will try another month and see how it goes.
While away on my trip, I had 2 more beauty boxes arrive: Birchbox and Walmart Beauty.
My favorite item of my Birchbox just might be the box itself, but I was also interested in the Dr Jart + Ceramidin Cream 🙂 and the Coola Sport Organic Sunscreen :). I will not count the box so this package had 2 items I will actually try. Still I am not sure that these two small items are worth the full price of the box. It is definitely worth the $1 I paid, so I will also try another month with this box and see how it goes.
I thought this was the Summer box, but the card inside referred to this as the Spring box. In either case, I feel this box was worth the price The Walmart Beauty box included:
- Simple Sensitive Skin Experts Cleansing Facial Wipes (7 wipes) – I will try this 🙂
- St Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub (1 fl oz) – I will try this 🙂
- Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream (1 fl oz)
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Boosters facial cleanser (.5 fl oz) – I will try this 🙂
- Dove go fresh revitalize body wash
- samples of Nivea Shower Lotion and Ken Paves Shampoo, Conditioner and Conditioning Mask
- a coupon for a free Dry Spray Antiperspirant (boo – already expired!)
In terms of what I will use Ipsy seems at first glance to win with 4 items. But due to the extremely small sizes of the primer and nail polish I am more inclined to say it is tied with Walmart’s Beauty Box, which had 3 items I would try. I must note that Walmart’s box was half the price of the Ipsy Bag. Birchbox comes in with the fewest items I am interested in, but I will keep my subscription going for all boxes.